Saturday, July 25, 2009

Settling with Stan

So, as you can see I have re-vamped my background theme and I know what your thinking 'this isn't like a fireworks display seen through the eyes of a short-sighted person'. It's what I settled on after my cousin stopped answering my e-mails. I don't want to make a habit of writing such short posts but I thought it would be best to explain the differences in my background descriptions.

Back to the joys of Drosophila, Stan's my third year project person (haven't quite figured out the best way to address him), as friendly and laid back as he tries to come off he's pretty rigid. My project partner Eleanor and I were sitting idly in the lab office waiting for a data analysis program to be uploaded onto our laptops, so we did what most 20 year old students would do in that situation...we talked about Robert Pattinson. We were not loud and there were 2 other adults, who if they needed to could have told us we were being too loud, present. In walks Stanewsky, who recognizes us for the first time in 3 meetings, he comes over to us and tells us that this is a place of work; a place of work with countless bottles of alcohol, full ones, empty ones, the place was full of them. He goes on to tell us that if we wanted to talk we should do so in the lab, huh... the LAB of all places. He says all of this with a smile on his face and adds that we can still talk if we want.....would you talk after your professor basically tells you that your being too loud according to him.........I don't think so. Even our supervisor thought he was being ridiculous. My aim know is to steer clear of him.

2 comments:

  1. Great! It's fixed!!! Gimme a couple of days to read the rest of your posts!


    OMG that guy sounds like every other obnoxious professor who is an ass JUST BECAUSE he can be one. I think your supervisor had it right and it's a good idea to stay away from him.

    Wait...you guys have supervisors in college? lol
    What does a supervisor do? I'm assuming it's similar to academic advisors in the U.S.

    You're doing science..in college? All I get are nightmares lol. Good luck with that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have advisors for exam results and general problems. We have supervisors for our third year projects.....they make sure we get any help we need for the project and tend to read over the final project. I'm doing Biology...I don't know how I got myself in that situation though...but soon I'll graduate and I'll have a degree to put down in my CV

    ReplyDelete