Sunday, July 29, 2012

Time Travelling vol.1 chp 3 Happy Birthday

The first time I introduced Sosuke to the gaijin was on my birthday. It couldn't be avoided as we were going out to celebrate. They got on like a house on fire. I even remember seeing a side of Sosuke I'd never seen before. The thing about the gajin was that they'd been living in Japan for a while so they were near fluent. Even I lost track of the conversation at certain points but to tell you the truth I was kinda glad. The jokes had the undertones of sexist man jokes and I was not in the mood.

I was feeling cheap that night so we ended up finding your run o' the mill Izakaya and settled in. I think I was particularly tense that night, I don't remember whether it was because of the company or money issues or me looking fat in my birthday kit. I just remember wanting to get plastered and being quite successful at it. It was about 3am when he walked in, I saw him and he saw me and I registered him, nothing more. He reminded me of Tadanobu Asano, who was one of very few Japanese guys I reacted to. But, like I said, I registered and moved on.

It wasn't till after I'd finished my umeshu and soda that I realised he'd been watching. They guys were busy talking/chatting up some girl and I was getting bored of watching them on the prowl, especially himMy drunken bravado reared its ugly fat head and I went for it.  His name was Seiichirou, reminded me of Angel Densetsu. He smiled, he knew nothing about it. A Japanese guy who knew nothing about Norihiro Yagi was not worth talking to; I wasn't an otaku but I had me favourites, and he was one of them. I was about to get up and leave when he told me I looked pretty. I stopped. I remembered in London I'd received attention, but from losers and people I generally would never, ever find attractive, like 50 year old men. But this was the first time I'd felt like the aim wasn't to have sex with me. He seemed genuine. And in that instant the alcohol wore off and I saw him, clear as daylight.

We spoke some more and exchanged numbers, when the guys hollered something about leaving. I gave him a kiss. He was surprised, I was surprised. Maybe the alcohol hadn't worn off.

No comments:

Post a Comment