Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Birthday

My birthday was an interesting one this year. I had a budget of zero and a new job so I couldn't even ask for a day off to do the cheapest activity I could thinking of (nursing a 750¥ Ouzo), so I prepared myself for nothing, like so many other birthdays past. On the actual day, I got a call from my family back in London and a slew of birthday wishes on Facebook. We had a meeting at the guest house I'm living in; meetings tend to drag here so I figured I'd eat first. Big mistake. They had planned a surprise birthday lunch which I had to eat because they'd gone to the trouble. I can't not eat anything put in front of me. It's a curse really. So I ate and ate and gave out an excess food sigh. It was great though. I really appreciated it and it was the first time I'd actually been surprised like that.

p.s. I finally started my fashion designer project; I'm basically taking in a kimono and shortening it.

No comments:

Post a Comment