Saturday, February 18, 2012

Second time lucky

I never looked up at the sky in London because, nine times out of ten, I was guaranteed a grey sky. Here, in Japan, even on the shit days there's a blue sky. I love that.

A couple of nights ago I went to an international comedy night in Shibuya. I had attempted and failed this very task the previous month when I was very new to Tokyo and didn't see the point in even attempting to read maps. I just followed. This time I was successful and in only to 3 mins. The night was quite interesting, in that the funniest comedian was actually a Japanese guy. Everyone loved him, even the uber obnoxious Brits; 50 something year old way past their prime, beer bellies and overbearing voices. Unattractive would be an understatement.

The was also a really cool Indian Woody Allen who highlighted the an (red bean paste) phenomenon. Funnily enough the very next day everywhere I looked there was an and for the first time in Japan I wanted something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment