Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In between being Pissed Off

I was waiting to be probed about not applying for that crappy job... no wait, those crappy jobs.

Guy at Jobcentre: Are you Muslim?

Me: No. What?Huh?Why?

Guy: Then why is your head covered.

Me: I'm a black girl. I have a hairstyle I don't want to expose the general public to. (reference I Am Not My Hair) You're black too, should I be explaining this to you?

Guy: Oh. Understanding nod, he's been around a lot of black girls

Me: I'm not religious.

Guy: Why? You don't believe in God?

Me: I don't believe God is all-loving. I don't think about God in my everyday life... I don't believe anything will happen because I faith in God like they say I should... and I don't believe things happen because of God.

Guy: Oh, okay. Uh oh, went overboard

Guy: I have a theory about that: there is no original thought/idea, everything is based on the previous. And at the previous there is God. He's definitely been waiting a while to tell someone this.

Our conversation was interrupted by my case worker who told me I could go home. I do believe in God, I just don't believe the pretty omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent and all-loving God. Not when things like The Tsunami and Haiti happens. Yes, I believe that there is a God, but I believe it cares about me as much as I care about it. Negligible.

No comments:

Post a Comment