Sunday, August 16, 2009

Things we lost in the fire

  1. the shed
  2. the contents of the shed
  3. the downstairs toilet
  4. the downstairs toilet window
  5. the green tub we were gonna have to bathe in
  6. the gas
  7. the electricity
  8. the water
  9. the bathroom
  10. the bathroom window
  11. my naivety
We really did have a fire and I really was scared shitless. There were hysterics (on my part) and lots and lots of men to help put it out, for now all I can think about is Ganbatte; there are too many useless relatives roaming about.

2 comments:

  1. Holy shit, are you and your family okay? Did you get a check up for smoke inhalation? How did that happen??

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all okay, our neighbours noticed it before it got really bad and some samaritans tried to cool down the fire while we waited for the fire services. The really scary bit was when we realised that my mother kept gas cylinders(yes, there were more than 1) in the shed; even the fireman's eyes almost popped out of the socket when I told him that. I started the fire, we had a barbecue and I didn't thoroughly put out the coals. I put the coals in the shed and it lit up like a match............I've felt like and idiot ever since. thanks for asking, now we are just waiting for the insurance to kick in because our bathroom is out of use. :)

    ReplyDelete