Sunday, June 28, 2009

Waiting

It's my last free Sunday, from now on I must study earnestly. I must prepare for my resits (I'm not quite ready to talk about that situation yet), I must increase my kanji vocab......KYAAA :) and extra reading necessary for my third year project on Circadian clocks of Drosophila melanogaster....yay (can you feel the joy). Obviously learning learning Japanese is the best part of my summer plans, the only problem with learning a language by yourself when your a Ghanaian with no Japanese friends is that you don't have anyone to practise with........wnd we all know "Practise makes perfect". I guess you would be thinking why doesn't she just make a Japanese friend....but for a shy, modest lass like myself it's not an option, I'm not that extroverted. Maybe it's my Catholic School upbringing but that would be a lie because I barely believe in God, maybe it's due to my unbalanced rearing; somewhere, somehow I got really withdrawn and lost my spark........alas that is the biggest tragedy of my life........so far??????

There are so many things Japan represents for me; I get to be independant by living alone and all that jazz, learning a new language because speaking as a Biologist that hates Biology or any science for that matter, I am not planning on having a career in it. Why did I commit myself to this degree.....that's another story for another time. I get to meet with people and a culture completely different to anything I have ever known. This is my first ever blog so if only 1 person reads it I would say thank you and sorry for being so scattered.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Interesting blog so far; you don't really have to make Japanese friends to speak and learn Japanese, although that would be ideal. It's a very good sign that you're excited about learning Japanese in your free time because I was exactly the same way and it's easier (and natural for some people) to see the language as a fun challenge in which you can express yourself instead of a time-consuming bother.

    One piece of advice (with added-on comments) I will give to you is: Seriously contemplate exactly why you're coming to Japan, in knowing that, that you will gain strong self-esteem and confidence. I find that most people that come here not knowing why they're here, or come here to "find" themselves seriously lack the ability to make decisions for themselves and end up having a terrible time and will trap themselves in the non-Japanese group bubble. Once they do that, they will subconsciously decide to completely cut themselves off from Japanese culture and people, while at the same time expecting YOU to do the same. Don't get caught up in that! So, before you get here, you should know yourself. Thanks for reading my blog! Good luck! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more you post, the better it looks, I think. As well as adding pictures would give more personality to your blog. You should also google "blog templates" and search for something you like in the results. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a lot of his songs that can count as my favorite, "Smooth Criminal," "Bad," "Scream," also "Remember the Time," definitely "Rock With You," and when he was with the Jackson 5, "Can You Feel It?" is awesome too. He simply had too many hits for there to be just one favorite, you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete